UPDATED: July 2017
Transit Justice Community Organizer
Bookkeeper / Office Manager
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager maintains the financial records on a daily basis, maintains an orderly and well-functioning office, and manages human resources and benefits for staff.
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsibilities and tasks may include, but are not limited to the following.
- Process all accounts payable (including reimbursements and petty cash) and receivables in accordance with ACE’s Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Process payroll with payroll service. Collect and compile staff timesheets for each payroll run.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly, including monthly revenue reconciliations with Development records.
- Produce monthly financial reports for Executive Director.
- Participate in compiling information for annual audit and responding to auditor inquiries.
- Participate in drafting annual budget for office expenses and monitoring program budgets on a monthly basis.
- Human Resource Management
- Maintain/update Personnel Policy and Staff Handbook.
- Coordinate personnel benefits for health and dental insurance, retirement plan, transit benefit, workmen’s compensation, and other insurance options.
- Orient new staff to administrative systems and benefits and personnel policy/staff handbook.
- Ensure compliance with other human resource-related legal requirements.
- Office Management
- Serve as primary representative to landlord and ensure compliance with lease.
- Maintain office security, including drafting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate office and equipment maintenance, including IT.
- Manage purchase and storage of office supplies.
- Manage relationships with utility and service providers.
- Ensure that mail is delivered out and retrieved and sorted daily.
- Lead efforts to beautify ACE office and make common areas a welcoming and orderly space.
- Coordinate setup of workspaces for all staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Maintain schedules for use of conference/ meeting rooms.
- Coordinate food and other logistics for ACE Board meetings and other organization-wide, non-fund-raising events (e.g., Annual Meeting and planning sessions).
- 5-7 years relevant experience in non-profit accounting and office management.
- Experience in managing human resources and personnel benefits.
- Detail-oriented and conscientious work style under strict timelines.
- Solid computer skills including but not limited to proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office suite.
- Team player, self-starter, quick learner, and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to social/environmental justice and community empowerment.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, along with salary requirements.
Download a pdf of this announcement.
Frequently asked questions
Q: I've checked your website and I wanted to ask if you have any job openings?
A: If we currently do not have any job openings check back later, as we will update this page as they arise.
Q: Can I send you my resume and a cover letter so you can have it on file when jobs are available?
A: Yes, you may send us your information, but you will need to reapply for specific jobs when they become available.
Q: Are there other opportunities to become involved or do work with ACE?
Q: How can I find out when jobs are available besides continuing to refresh this page?
A: Please sign up for our email list. We send updates on our campaigns and events every month, along with available volunteer opportunities and job openings when they arise.
Q: I have more questions.
A: Please contact us if you have more questions.