#ItTakesRoots to #GrowThe Resistance
Days before May Day, on Saturday, April 29 thousands of people from across the country will take to the streets as part of the People's Climate Movement (PCM) mobilization happening in Washington, DC, timed right around Trump's 100th day in office. Alternatives for Community & Environment (ACE) is a part of a group that includes labor unions, environmental groups, as well as faith, youth and community organizations that are sending 1,000+ people from Boston. This is an opportunity for YOU to build community with other ACE members and partners, define what climate justice means, connect our struggle and march with our brothers and sisters from across the country.
SEATS ARE RUNNING OUT As of Friday, April 14 there're only 25 out of 216 seats remaining. please pledge $20 per seat by April 21 to lock in your participation as part of the delegation from Boston. If you are a young person 25 and under, we're offering a deeper discounted $10 per seat. All tickets sales are being used toward prep sessions including art builds and to purchase food and water for the bus trip. NOTE: There has been a drop in the ticket price since we opened registration because of a generous contribution to our buses from Sierra Club National.
- 10:45pm Friday, 4/28 meet up in front of Madison Park High School and take bus trip overnight
- 7:30am Saturday 4/29 arrive in at the New Carrollton, MD Metro station and take a 30-minute Orange Line Metro trip to the march; each person will be given pre-loades Metro card with round-trip fare
- 11:00am line up and start marching at 12:30pm (march route and logistics available at https://peoplesclimate.org/logistics/
- 5:30pm or 9:30pm, Saturday, 4/29 meet buses at New Carrollton, MD Metro station; as of now we plan to have two buses leave earlier and two buses leave later (you can select your bus preference on the RSVP page)
- 2:30am or 6:30am, Sunday, 4/30 arrival time back in Boston depending on early or late bus departure
- For a list of what you might want to bring with you visit
HELP US GET READY
There's so much to do before we leave for DC and we need your help and participation to make visuals, banners and other materials - April 19 and 26 (both 5-8pm at ACE). For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who can't make the trip, there are three things you can do:
- Participate in a local rally and teach-in here at the Boston Commons that same day April 29, 12-3:30pm. For more about the Boston PCM rally and teach-in visit https://www.facebook.com/events/114630515717476/
- Make a contribution through ACE's webpage to help people who want to go but can't afford a ticket, and to help cover our costs around pre and post events, food, drink, etc.
- Join us at the May 24, 6-8pm PCM Report Back event (location in Downtown Boston TBD)
Please contact email@example.com if you'd like to be a part of the plannng around the bus trip to Washington DC, the rally and teach-in here in Boston, or the report back event in May. You'll be asked to RSVP to these pre and post events as part of the google form.
We hope you can join us, thanks!
*Deadline for a registration is on April 21. You may still register/contribute after the deadline. However, please note that seating availability is limited and not promised.