This year, join environmental justice advocates from across New England for a series of five webinars on important EJ topics.
These webinars are a way for us to stay connected and learn about the work of other EJ groups in the region even though we can't always gather in person.
Come to ACE to participate if you don't have access to a phone or computer!
The series will address EJ issues including:
1. May 1, 2013 Climate Adaptation: Creating resilient communities, efforts to protect EJ folks during extreme weather events, wetlands restoration
2. June 5, 2013 Energy Justice I: Energy efficiency, assistance for low-income families, labor and communities working together on statewide policies
3. August 14, 2013 Developing State and Local EJ Policies: Institutionalizing EJ on a statewide level through laws, policies, regulations, and executive orders
4. September 25, 2013 Energy Justice II: Changing how New England obtains its power, switching to renewable energy
5. Date TBA, Vacant Lots and Contaminated Land: Reclaiming lots, building community green spaces, urban agriculture
Contact Staci for more information, or to get involved with the planning committee to work on an in-person gathering in the summer or fall.