EJ Movement founding principles and documents:
- Principles of Environmental Justice, adopted at the First People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit in, 1991
- Principles of Working Together, adopted at the Second People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit, in 2002
- Principles of Alliance with Green Groups, adopted at the Second People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit, in 2002
Government Documents and Statutes:
Nongovernmental Documents and Studies:
- Daniel Faber and Eric Krieg, Unequal Exposure to Ecological Hazards 2005: Environmental Injustices in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Robert Bullard, Paul Mohai, Robin Saha, and Beverly Wright, Toxic Waste and Race at Twenty: 1987-2007
General Environmental Resources:
- Conservation Law Foundation
- CLF has fought for Massachusetts’ people and communities for 50 years. Cleaned up Boston Harbor, shut down dirty coal plants, and forced the Commonwealth to modernize its public transit system.
- Clean Water Action - Massachusetts
- Clean Water Action organizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions, and campaigns to elect environmental candidates and to solve environmental and community problems.
- Toxics Action Center
- Since 1987, Toxic Action Center has organized over 750 communities across New England to put together plans and strategies to effectively solve the problems they face.
- Community Labor United
- CLU combines the joint power of community-based organizations and labor unions to advance the interests of low and middle-income working families in Massachusetts.
- Boston Climate Action Network
- BostonCAN is a climate justice organization that works to broaden the constituency for a green economy and frame climate concerns to resonate with Boston residents’ daily lives.
- MA Climate Action Network
- MCAN works with more than 40 communities around Massachusetts to help them take action against the growing threats of climate change.
- MASSPIRG takes on powerful interests on behalf of consumers in Massachusetts, working to win concrete results for our health, safety and financial security.
- Environmental League of MA
- The Environmental League of Massachusetts is committed to combating climate change and protecting our land, water, and public health.
- Environment Massachusetts
- Environment Massachusetts is a citizen-based environmental advocacy project of Environment America that raises awareness of environmental issues and promote sensible solutions.
- MA League of Environmental Voters
- The Environmental League of Massachusetts Action Fund helps pass laws that protect our environmental legacy, holds our elected officials accountable, and works to build the political power of the environmental community.
- Better Future Project
- Better Future Project works to build powerful grassroots movements to address the climate crisis and advance a rapid and responsible transition beyond fossil fuels.
- Mass Energy Consumers Alliance (Mass Energy)
- Mass Energy advocates for consumers and the environment on local and statewide energy issues, and offers energy-related assistance and programming on heating oil, green power, and energy efficiency.
- HEAR Database
- The Health and Environment Assistance Resources (HEAR) database is a collaborative project of Alternatives for Community & Environment (ACE), Boston University School of Public Health (BUSPH) and Toxics Action Center. The HEAR database aims to increase and diversify the legal, scientific, medical and technical expertise available to community groups with environmental and public health concerns.
- Steve's Weave
- Internet Green listings site.