- Celebrating environmental justice!
Thursday, May 26, 2011
6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Hibernian Hall | Roxbury Center for the Arts
184 Dudley Street | Roxbury | MA | 02119
food | live performances | music | silent auction
- Celebrating environmental justice!
Admission is free!
We'll be encouraging donations of all sizes at the event. Childcare available on-site.
Join hundreds of your fellow ACE supporters to celebrate environmental justice, raise funds and present awards to great people and organizations!
Please RSVP by Friday, May 20 and include childcare needs.
Organizations and businesses are encouraged to show their support by sponsoring the event.
To RSVP individually or as an organization, and to get more info, email Jasmine or call (617) 442-3343 x231.
For more information, see:
- Environmental Justice Awards
- Jammin' 2011 Host Committee
- Event schedule
- Our Dinner Menu, To be announced
- Jazz by The Kevin Warren Trio
- Music by Opposite People
- Silent auction items
Every year we honor deserving people and organizations for their work to further environmental justice in our region. More information about each awardee will be posted soon. This year's recipients are:
- Chuck Turner
- Boston Workers' Alliance
- Environmental Chelsea Creek Crew, of Neighborhood of Affordable Housing
- Youth at the Mission Hill Summer Program of the Philips Brooks House Association
Penn Loh and Jackie Cefola
T.J. and Rachel Hellmann
Gary and Brita Gill-Austern
Charlie and Blyth Lord
Joan X. Porter
Melissa Lopez Henriquez
D. Elaine Hall Corbin
Lisa Sadika Edwards
6:00 to 7:00- Appetizers, open bar, beer and wine
7:00 to 8:00- Program and awards
7:30 to 8:30- Dinner and dessert
8:00 to 9:00- Music by Opposite People
8:30 - Auction closes, payment and pickup begin
Food provided by Ethnica Catering.
- Codfish cakes
- Jerk chicken wings
- Chicken satay with mango sauce
- Spinach and carrot fritters
- Vegetable kabobs
- Garden salad of baby greens and berries
- Lemon coriander chicken
- Lentil quinoa loaf with creole sauce
- Herb-roasted vegetable medley
- Red beans and rice
- Assorted pastries, cookies and tartlets
Items arriving daily! Check back for more listings. Last update: May 19, 2011
Outdoors, recreation and fitness
- One year membership from Appalachian Mountain Club
- Two month membership from Body by Brandy gym
- Two $25 gift certificates and water bottles from Bikes not Bombs
- Gift certificate for bike lock and helmet from Broadway Bicycles
- A day of kayaking from Charles River Canoe and Kayak
- Thrill ride for family of four on Codzilla from Boston Harbor Cruises
- Four passes to the Franklin Park Zoo
- A round of golf for four at the George Wright Course
- One month membership from Healthworks
- One year family membership from Mass Audubon
- One year membership from Mass Bike
- Mini-golf for eight from McGolf
- Four passes to the New England Aquarium
- Four passes to Garden in the Woods from the New England Wild Flower Society
- Twelve admission passes from Randolph Paintball
- Rock climbing day pass and gear rental from Rock Spot Climbing
- Two passes from Urban Adventours, Boston Bicycle Tours and Rentals
- A Yoga in the Park session for two with instructor Helene Ryan
- Weekend vacation in eco-friendly Vermont home
- Two passes for zip lining in the Berkshires
Food and Beverage
- Sam Adams Bucket of Cheer
- Tea basket and teapot from MEM Tea Company
- Gift certificate towards a CSA share from Farmer Dave's
- One-week CSA share from Red Fire Farms
- Six-pack of handmade beer and home brewing experience from Brewed for Thought
- $50 gift certificate from Whole Foods Market
- $25 gift certificate from Flour Bakery
- Dinner for four from Ethnica Catering Company
- $35 gift certificate from Haley House
- $25 gift certificate from City Feed and Supply
- Lunch with Penn Loh, Tufts professor and former ACE director
- ACE Director Kalila Barnett’s homemade eggplant parmesan
- $30 gift certificate from Boston Pita Pit
- Starbucks gift basket
Professional and Household Services
- $50 gift certificate and arrangement from Blanka Flowers and Gifts
- Career coaching workshop from What’s Next Coaching & Consulting
- One hour computer consulting from ACE's IT guru, Bob Sugerman
- One-hour massage therapy from Breathe Massage and Movement
- Earth Machine Composter from the Boston Building Materials Co-op
Entertainment and Activities
- One year membership to ArtsEmerson: The World On Stage
- Two tickets to any ArtsEmerson performance
- Two Boston Red Sox tickets
- Club Passim Family Membership
- Six Coolidge Corner Movie Passes
- Four VIP tickets to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Passes to the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum
- Four tickets to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Pool/billiards party for 25 guests at Jillian’s with appetizers
- Personal MBTA tour by TRU Chairperson Stuart Spina
Handmade & Fair Trade
- Handmade apron, oven mitt and cookbook set from Jean McQueen’s Creatives
- Hat and mitten set from Jean McQueen’s Creatives
- Framed photos by ACE member Trina Jackson
- ACE Cheer Basket by ACE staff and members
Books, Music, Other
- Mike Cameron autographed baseball
- Letters to a Young Teacher autographed book by Jonathan Kozol
- Boston Gardener gardening package
Hibernian Hall is accessible by bus routes that serve Dudley Station,including the Silver Line bus and routes 1, 8, 15, 23, 28, 41, 42, 44, 45, 47 and 66. From Dudley Station, walk a block and a half east on Dudley Street. The closest subway stop is Roxbury Crossing (orange line), 0.7 miles away. Several bus routes go from Roxbury Crossing to Dudley Station.
See the MBTA's Trip Planner for more transit information.
From the South:
On Route 93 North, take Exit 18 (Mass Ave/Roxbury) and proceed though two sets of lights. At the third light, take a left onto the Mass Ave Connector/Melnea Cass. Continue for approximately 0.5 miles and turn left onto Harrison Avenue. After three blocks, take a left onto Dudley Street. Hibernian Hall is the second building from the corner on your left hand side.
From the North:
On Route 93 South, take Exit 18 (Mass Ave/Andrew Square) and keep right at the fork to continue onto Melnea Cass Boulevard. Go through one set of lights. At the second light make a left onto Hampden Street. Continue for about 0.4 miles, then make a right onto Dudley Street. Hibernian Hall will be three blocks down on your right.
If you are driving, we recommend that you plan to arrive as early as possible to allow ample time for parking. There is a small parking lot behind Hibernian Hall and street parking available throughout Dudley Square. There is also a large public parking lot across from ACE’s office, between Washington Street and Harrison Avenue.